Thread: Mimics MS
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cindyjo,

I can't say what is causing your troublesome symptoms but putting up with them for the last 15 years must have been very discouraging and draining for you.

Sometimes MS lesions don't show up on an MRI but the symptoms you describe wouldn't fit the usual MS picture. Fatigue and tingling might point to MS but there would need to be other problems--vision, bladder, bowels, speech, etc. MRIs are the usual diagnostic tool but often a spinal tap is done as well.

You don't mention how many times you've consulted doctors but it sounds as if you've been to several neurologists. I wonder if the Type 2 diabetes is under good control? Your primary care doctor should be monitoring that with regular HbA1C testing and possibly other tests.

Your problems might be fixable by an adjustment in your diet, for instance. There might be a needed nutrient you're not getting--or are getting too much of.

I hope that you can find an answer soon!

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (08-24-2020)