View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 07:29 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Hey Leeds,

It can't have been easy for you coming on here, talking so openly about a difficult issue. A proud Yorkshire man born during the miner's strike having to admit to living in a soft, southern, big jessie county like Hertfordshire where the hardcore football team is Watford!! But joking aside, thanks for the update.

Interested to see your supplements. Surprised you're not taking a Vitamin B Complex, B6, Folic Acid, B2 all essential in my view. Especially surprised you're not taking B12. That measurement you had previously would have been affected by your tablet intake. You have to stop ingestion for 3 days to get an accurate picture. B12 is water soluble so you can't in the real world overdose. I take 1000ug of methylcobalamin daily. I prefer to take Omega 3 Algae Oil rather than fish oil to avoid heavy metals. You can also add Flaxseed and Chia seed to food to boost different types of Omega 3. I avoid Evening Primrose Oil because of its pro inflammatory Omega 6 but would like to hear your reasoning you take it. I've never tried Mg, I must admit I intended to but forgot! I also take coQ10 and Curcumin (from Turmeric) Creatine and Alpha Lipoic Acid (600mg). I've pretty much taken every supplement suggested on this site but those are the ones that I now take. I will add Mg

Quick question, are you seeing a Neurologist privately or on NHS?

Best wishes,

Atty.
Ha ha

Something like that.

Thankfully, I still have all the Northern in me and religiously follow Leeds United.

TBH, I am new to the world of all this supplementing, so I am sure things are missing. I didn't add the Vitamin B stuff in due to the B12 result previously (I know its old) and that there accounted for in my multi vit. Definitely open to changing down the line though, but I have added stuff for the moment based on the forum and will see how I go before I add/remove anything.

I add Flax and Chia seeds to my daily smoothie, so covered on that front.

Re. EPO. It is the one I am most unsure on, but I read on here oils are good for nerve pain and I saw Mrs D reference it once, but you are right about the Omega 6 inflammation so I will probably stop that one now. I am certainly no expert here

My Neuro is through private also
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (08-26-2020)