View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 08:18 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Tyler,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. There are others on here who experience similar things. The feeling you can "feel your brain move" in your head when you move thing is described somewhat often on here, and there seems to be a few variations of it.

The good news is that you can't actually feel your brain--this is all just proprioceptive sensations that likely come from either your vestibular system or the nerves in your neck. Basically, the way I understand it, your brain thinks your head is moving a lot more than it actually is because stuff is out of whack., So these sensations are really extreme with small movements. Don't have to worry about brain damage This is literally your brain playing tricks on you.

I've experienced a variation of this (I call it motion sensitivity) that is a vestibular thing...where my brain is amplifying the signals sent from my inner ear to my brain. I used to get "headaches" with every step I took. My issue was diagnosed as migraine-related, so I'm being treated for that.

You mentioned you have problems with your neck, so I wonder if that might be the cause, as a lot of other folks have issues with that on here (maybe some of them can weigh in). Worth getting it looked at. If you search old threads you'll find a couple where people describe having this issue and then having it resolved when they got an underlying neck injury treated.

Also, this symptoms is not well-understood in the medical community. It took me a while to find one who knew what was going on.

Best of luck!
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote