View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 02:08 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Mark,
I vehemently agree with the banning of headers in certain areas, especially for younger age groups. It appalls me now that coaches and trainers remain so unaware to the risk and damage of doing as much. Goal kicks and corners are certainly the worst culprits. Said banning almost goes without saying for those of us who have experienced concussions to such an extent, not to mention football and even boxing, which are as tragic to me now as anything.
I attempt to exercise good posture while sleeping and have definitely found throughout the day that exercising good posture can help me cope better with my difficulties in terms of movement. I always, however, when sleeping, always wake with my head hunched over, my neck completely unaligned with the rest of my body, so perhaps a brace could be of use. I thank you for your advice, and will do my best to put it into practice.

Burrito Warrier,
Oddly enough, the effect you describe as sensing a pressure on one side of the movement subject to the movement is precisely what I experience with sharper or unexpected movements. It is clear that I have neck issues as well, so our experiences differ, but strangely you have perfectly described this sensation. I agree that this can be attributed to amplified detection of movement and is probably something we will have to continue to deal with through targeted exposure and variants of therapy. I am just now beginning to hurdle a surge in symptoms, I suppose a migraine attack or perhaps neck swelling, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I find great solace in the similar experience of others even if I wish they too did not have to suffer.

I still am yet to find an MD who can offer proper advice, but the search always continues, though I would argue that these forums alone have been far more informative than anything I have ever found from medical professionals concerning brain trauma.

Best of luck and kind regards,
Tyler
Tbaughcome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote