View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 03:42 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Tyler,

So sorry you are experiencing this symptom. Its honestly the most disturbing thing ever and so difficult to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. My husband and i are both mechanical engineers and think similarly, and i still find myself wishing i could give it to him just for a day so that he could really "get" it, since I still feel like there's a disconnect between the way i describe it and the way he understands it.

If if makes you feel any better, this symptom really has improved a lot over time for me when I'm able to avoid having the "migraine attacks". Others have described similar improvement over time. So even if its miserable, don't feel like it will be that way forever. Seriously get that neck looked at! I've read stories of others who really improved after getting that treated.

I see someone locally now, but the doctor I saw who was a real turning point for me was Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher. He has done work with the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. He does Skype appointments (though everyone probably does now!) He had a lot of experience with this symptom and really allowed me to understand it well for the first time. I think seeing a good doctor and understanding your symptoms is helpful.

I think its pretty easy for people with this symptom to freak out and be like, "My brain is moving around in my head!" Because some of the sensations can make it feel like something is IN there when you are switching directions quickly. But if you can't really articulate what is going on to your run-of-the-mill-provider, and you just end up yelling about your brain moving around, they will think you are crazy. I think a lot of people get stuck that way, sadly.

I had a long discussion with one of my old PT's about this once because she was complaining that so many of her patients complained they could feel their brains "bouncing in their heads" "And that's not what's happening!" She'd say. This was so frustrating for me because its like, "Obviously...but you have no idea how disturbing and confusing this symptom is and unless you explain to them what is causing it, they are just going to keep worrying about it. Like, you try feeling like you are getting whacked on the head every time you drive on a bumpy road."

Anyway, that was kind of rambly, but it seems like you have a good attitude and the right mindset. It will get better. Find good care and don't give up when things get hard I've gone from feeling my head violently shake just from the muscle contractions of lifting my arms over my head to put a shirt on to running in under 2 year's time. Best of luck to you!

--BW
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote