Thread: G's Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 05:47 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey folks!

Sorry it's been awhile!

Dentist was ok, but I do need to schedule a consult about the wisdom tooth/teeth. So, just another thing to do!

I also had my followup with my GP, and we had a long chat about this bipolar stuff. Well, I got validated, however, I probably still screwed it up. I was emphasizing how much I didn't want to go on antipsychotics again, but he insisted he write out the script for Vraylar. I still have to look into specifics on that drug, and 8 have to have a chat with my husband about it too. I'm really afraid I screwed up, cuz like when asked about thoughts of harm, well I said I'd ever act on suicidal thoughts...truth is, I'd probably not likely even act on harming thoughts again either, but I said maybe...or implied maybe. Ugh! I'm sure that's the only reason now that he prescribed this. I feel fine right now though!

I also expressed my concern about weight gain, but more importantly, being in a constant lower mood. He SAYS this is to combat lower moods. I'm not sure if I believe him though! Also, he said in bipolar that it's not really true that the higher you go, the lower you fall. Why the heck am I being prescribed this then?!

My frustration is amplified right now cuz of pms...i think? Or is this bipolar side effect? I was stable though before my regular cycle of mood kicked it. The "bipolar" episodes I describe are outside of my pms days...but again, what do I know right?! I mean, it's only MY body. :P

Just confused and scared. Any thoughts?

Love and hugs!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-05-2020), Dmom3005 (09-05-2020), mymorgy (09-04-2020), Waking Light (09-10-2020)