View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Neuropathy from a wasp sting?

Hello everyone, a little over 2 months ago i was stung by a red wasp. I had a delayed reaction to the sting where i didn't feel any symptoms for 1 week. Then i had a large local reaction around where the sting was, it was localized maybe 3 inches across. The itching that i felt lasted for almost 2 weeks. Now the itching is completely gone but I have nerve damage in my arm. I haven't been officially diagnosed with nerve conduction studies but i have the symptoms. My arm feels sort of weak and it can ache throughout the day. Also i was stung in the upper part of my arm and i feel soreness in my forearm as well. I also experience symptoms such as "pins and needles" , some sharp pains, and itching even though my sting has fully healed. I am wondering if this will go away or if it will be permanent? I eat very healthy and avoid sugars, low salt diet with fruits, vegetables, lean meats. However i still feel the symptoms throughout the day my arm just feels sore. The doctors said i should take prednisone and see if this helps speed recovery. I know it has all sorts of side effects so I'm sort of delaying it for now. I'm afraid my arm wont come back from this though. I have been quoted as to wait 3 months if its nerve damage to heal but I'm worried that it wont. Any help or advice is appreciated. Its affecting my daily life otherwise i wouldn't be on these forums. Thank you!
Ds293 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote