View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 10:23 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default New to NT, Hello and Intro

Hello, my name is Phil. I know my story is not unique here, but wanted to introduce myself and maybe get some thoughts from the group. I am very new to concussion recovery and spent some time reading and searching on the site. The information on NT has been helpful to me.

I am 50 and hit my head standing up on a countertop 2 weeks ago. I have clocked my head before with no obvious issues, but I guess this time it was different as the doc felt I had a concussion. The standard CT and neck X-ray were all ‘normal’.

It started mostly with head pressure.

A couple days into it I started to get weird nausea/stomach unsettled feelings.

A woozy or heavy feeling in my head also showed up.

Newest fun thing is a wired nerves, tingling arms, fast heart rate at night which equates to no sleep. Involuntary limb or torso spasms came with this too.

These all come and go seemingly at random times.

It took me 4 days of not really slowing down and the resulting anxiety attack, what have I done moments to get the hint I need to full stop and scale back on all activities considerably.

I wanted to get a sense of others experiences when it comes to an up and down recovery. Meaning one day you feel like it’s all gone, the next not so much. Or several good nights and then a night of zero sleep.

I am guessing my age is not going to do me any favors on recovery and it will be a long haul.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil
Gears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote