View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochie View Post
Anyone here have MS for that long. I was diagnosed in 95. Now having more problem. Having muscle pain on the left side of my body, have no reason to have muscle pain, was paralyzed on the R. Side when I was diagnosed, started walking some later. Anyone have muscle pain, could it be MS. Neuro doesn't help much.
Hi, poochie, and welcome back!

Yes, I'm one who has had MS for quite a while--diagnosed in 1980, and so it's been 40 years now.

I've found that neuros don't help much. If you opt for one of the MS drugs, they can monitor how you're doing, but often it's "Diagnose, then adios" with them, I think. Maybe they figure that since they can't do much for us, why should they bother with us?

I don't have muscle pain so much as joint pain, and that may be due to my arthritis. I do have cramps though--leg cramps that wake me up at night. I've found that if my potassium level is low, those are worse. Sometimes muscle cramps can be due to a nutrition problem.

Snoopy has recommended physical therapy, and I've found that very helpful. I've had about 5 PT "courses" over the years--each one being 8 sessions. You do have to go to the appointments and do the routines they assign to you. That can be tedious but I've found that it pays off.

I'm not even sure you always need to go to the appointments. I've heard of some people with severe mobility limitations who have PT done at home.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote