View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:19 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Nearing 90 days post first exposure...

I finally got in to get my labs done, told the lady my bat story and got the results this afternoon. Everything normal, no numbers were shared, but told everything is normal.

Yesterday I had itching at the bite site and literally stayed up all night trying to calm myself as I am nearing 90 days post bite (still not sure my bites were from a bat, but given the circumstances it's assumed). This led to numbness in my forearms/hands/elbow. Then an increase of muscle spasms. It was a scary night for me. This morning I realized I was taking down the drapery yesterday and may have upset a bug to get a bite of some sort. No intense itching today, has to be a good sign, but feeling tired & achy today... hoping it's just from staying up all night.

That said the last two bats were found on 8/21 and 8/22 in the basement. My husband insists they were dead. We haven't seen one since inside since. They were found on the floor which means they could very likely be sick. It is my understanding you are OK with exposures 3 months after completing your vaccine schedule, then you get boosters from that point.

I have yet to start the SSRI mainly because we had a couple of outdoor BBQ's with neighbors and wanted to be able to have a couple of drinks without worrying about bothersome side effects. After last nights episode I may begin this week.

I hope this finds you all healthy and enjoying what's left of summer.
battyinthemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote