View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 11:07 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Hi everybody! I'm new. Maybe you can help me to identify my illness.

Hi everybody!

I'm new here.
Has anybody had something similar? Or, do you have a clue which type of illness could it be?
I donīt know which is my illness yet, so maybe you can help me to identify it.

In August 2019 I started having headaches and eye ache after using the phone in the dark the night before. I took some days off away from screens. The outside natural light created mild eye ache and discomfort. Fluorescent lighting and screens were intolerable.

Over the next ten months, I continued to work using blue light filters on the screen.

On July 2020 I was working late on the laptop when I felt pain behind the eyes but I continued working wearing sunglasses. By the end of the week, I felt very strong pain in the head and eyes and have not used an electronic device since. During the subsequent week, I felt mild to moderate pain inside of the head, on the back of the head, inside the eyes and the back of the eyes. These pains sometimes lasted for a few seconds or a few minutes and would come and go throughout the day.

Suddenly the headaches seemed to disappear, and I had eye pain only for about three weeks, however after about one month of total abstinence from screen use the symptoms are still present.

I have been in bed with a blindfold day and night for a month. However I still feel the same burning and aching sensation behind the eyes, and sometimes I feel a dull ache inside the eyes. I also see flickering like flashes of light or may also appear in a wave pattern.

I have also experienced ear pain in the last few months and nausea when in the car. I have seen four ophthalmologists and all of them found no problems with my eyes. I also had a MRI and everything looks normal.

I appreciate all the information you can give me!
Thanks a lot
DavidB96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote