View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 06:57 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
I am very skeptical of the diagnosis of conversion disorder. I cannot speak for the UK, but in the United States it is diagnosed mostly in the south and very rarely in the north.

From personal experience, a guy i worked with , his wife just suddenly started experiencing many neurological symptoms. literally overnight. They had moved upon his retirement from new york to north carolina. After testing she was diagnosed with conversion disorder. She was given psychological therapy over the course of years, however she kept getting worse. I kept telling him, after researching, that she has symptoms of a stroke.

Finally after years of no progress, he took her up to a hospital back in new york It turned out she had had a stroke. Unfortunately the window of time in which she could have beenhelped with the proper treatment and therapy for stroke was wasted on that conversion disorder diagnosis.

It seems to be a diagnosis they grab hold of when they have no idea what is actually going on.

Have you had testing for small fiber neuropathy?
Hi there. I have another thread where I've described my journey, and I have had testing for small fibre neuropathy but everything came back normal.
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote