View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:04 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboat View Post
Leeds lad,

Starting to believe mines may be similarly related, I.e. a functional related issue.

My symptoms came on last year at a time I was going through an awful lot in my life. Mainly anxiety, through job/professional chartership interviews, young family, other hobbies which may induce anxiety. I'm not an overly anxious person generally at this point in my life, but in certain circumstances I can be.

The only other cause at this stage (Outwith any findings through other tests that I may go through) may be the folate deficiency. I had a similar episode with a chronic headache 7 years ago, where I was also low in folate. So a few times I've been put on 5mg folic acid to correct deficiencies. I had some neurological issues at this point as well, however it lasted around 3 months and totally disappeared. I don't exactly know whether or not the folate is a reason for my current symptoms. I was out through 2 three month courses of folic acid, but nothing seems to have improved.

Other related points to note, I've had neurological issues before throughout my life. I was a child bedwetter up to my teens, which was a total nightmare. I also suffered from facial flushing, which occurred through an element of social anxiety. I did manage to overcome this around age 23/24. My mother has fibro, again a family link to a functional neurological illness. Just trying to put the puzzle together to see if I can get an answer.

Wonder if you, or anyone else has a story of similarity, or anything else which they can put together to come up with a potential cause.
Hi Blueboat

I can't really point to any life events which preceded this. As I've put in my story (there is a seperate thread if you want to have a look), this came on acutely after I'd overcome a horrible respiratory/flu illness and my neuro has diagnosed what I have as a post-infectious neuropathic syndrome and thinks it will resolve with time.

What I can say with some kind of assurance is that in the early months when this all started, I am 100% sure I made it worse. I was sick with worry and convinced myself I had MS, was googling every single day about things and working myself up into a frenzied state which resulted in panic attacks. It was a horrible time, and I kept repeating the cycle and still do, albeit to a much lesser extent.

I have been lucky to be healthy all my life and haven't really ever suffered from stress or anxiety apart from the normal day-to-day things which we all go through, but I do think this particular 'disease' has induced a lot of it and probably heightened symptoms and slowed down any recovery.
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (09-21-2020)