View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 07:29 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsLad84 View Post
Hi Blueboat

I can't really point to any life events which preceded this. As I've put in my story (there is a seperate thread if you want to have a look), this came on acutely after I'd overcome a horrible respiratory/flu illness and my neuro has diagnosed what I have as a post-infectious neuropathic syndrome and thinks it will resolve with time.

What I can say with some kind of assurance is that in the early months when this all started, I am 100% sure I made it worse. I was sick with worry and convinced myself I had MS, was googling every single day about things and working myself up into a frenzied state which resulted in panic attacks. It was a horrible time, and I kept repeating the cycle and still do, albeit to a much lesser extent.

I have been lucky to be healthy all my life and haven't really ever suffered from stress or anxiety apart from the normal day-to-day things which we all go through, but I do think this particular 'disease' has induced a lot of it and probably heightened symptoms and slowed down any recovery.
Pretty much the same scenario in my story with regards to health anxiety. I've calmed down an awful lot since then.

It is certainly not the way to help yourself if you cant get yourself out of the psychological cycle.
Blueboat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (09-22-2020)