Thread: Diagnosis Stage
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 12:45 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailveronica View Post
They did not, as they can't predict how long nerve pain will last. Also, because there is no known etiology, there really is no treatment plan or recovery plan. I just deal with pain/numbness and cross my fingers and hope it doesn't get worse (even though it is getting worse, but hey, guess it's nothing so...).
Hey Gailveronica,

You sound fed up and in increasing pain and the doctors are not taking your symptoms seriously. I hear you. I have been there.

You have painful symptoms, and the medical world has provided no known aetiology, no treatment plan and no recovery plan. That's pretty much, more or less, the situation of everyone with Peripheral Neuropathy bar a few clumsy painkillers.

I came to the conclusion that I had to make my own recovery plan. I had to take responsibility for my own health and wellbeing. This is my plan in a nutshell.

1. Adopt a positive mental attitude. Abandon self pity and victim mentality.

2. The body will heal itself wherever possible. Create the optimum conditions to maximise self healing. Research. Research. Research. This act alone will help create a sense of hope and direction. Consider:-
a) Diet and Nutrition
b) Exercise
c) Rest and Meditation
d) Cultivate positive friendships

3. Gratitude. I learned to count my blessings. There are worse things that could happen. A lot worse. My symptoms are not the end of the world.

4. Develop a sense of humour about my condition. Don't take myself so seriously.

Oh and don't cross your fingers, that'll make things worse!!
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gailveronica (09-23-2020)