View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 12:07 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I don’t have the expertise to try and answer that question but thinking about it logically, if stuff like that could cause tbis then everyone in the world would have suffered many many tbis in their life. Watch kids playing in the park, they are falling all over the place constantly

I think trusting our bodies and telling ourselves we aren’t as weak as think can help a lot. When something bad happens to me like hitting my head or falling on ice, instead of panicking I try and flip the narrative in my head and say, ‘by this happening I’m proving to myself I can take it and that I’m stronger then I thought’. It’s liberating facing your worst fears and realizing they aren’t as scary as you previously thought. Hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthinker View Post
But is the amount of G's a car achieves by sudden braking the same amount of G's at which your brain accelerates/decelerates in your head? Wouldn't the amount of G's to the brain depend more on how the body reacts to the jolt - than the jolt itself? How can we be sure the whipping of the head isn't enough to cause injury in this situation?

Looking for clarity on this as the same thing happened to me yesterday. I am 8 months PCS.

Thanks!
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wren (09-25-2020)