View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 08:56 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I think there are a few factors that lead to a lot of confusion around this particular topic on this forum. If you ask any leading concussion neurologist this question, they will tell you it is absolutely not possible to cause structural damage to the brain or trigger a concussion from an event like this. It is, however, possible to trigger legitimate (sometimes long-lasting) neurological symptoms through either migraine pathology (happened to me--from a large pothole, not fast braking) or the exacerbation of an existing neck injury OR a panic attack.

Some people are also just very worried about "brain damage" without symptoms actually appearing. Which leads to a lot of worried posts.

I can say definitely to everyone in here, you are not going to get CTE from driving a car Everyone drives a car. Everyone brakes to avoid the deer. Everyone smacks their head on the door frame getting out. If you are having legitimate long-lasting neurological symptoms after events like this, you probably have something else going on and probably need to get your neck checked out and see a doc about the possibility of migraines with a vestibular trigger. Both of these things can give you symptoms that "feel like a new concussion", by the way.
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (09-26-2020)