View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi CPchick,

I'm sorry that your post seems to have been overlooked here.

You're in a tough spot. You want to help your mother who has MS but you're not sure what you can do, since you have the CP limiting your activity.

It's a hard question to answer without knowing just how your mother's MS is affecting her because everyone's MS is different. She might have problems with seeing and reading, or she might not, for instance.

If she does have trouble reading, you could be very useful if you could read to her. Some people with MS have trouble holding onto a book or other piece of reading material. Others have trouble seeing the print. And some have both problems.

Without knowing any more about her MS, I can say that you could help her by trying to keep the atmosphere as relaxed and easy-going as possible, with lots of flexibility allowed. Maybe let her be the guide and ask her to tell you what you can do.

You'd probably get more replies if you'd start your own thread on this topic. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote