View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 03:11 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Question re: PCS insomnia and healing

hello,

i can understand exactly what they are going thru. and i'm sorry i don't have much help to offer.

my sleeping issues started almost right away. i was only getting 3-4 hours of sleep a day! (and i could sleep 10+ hours before this) and yes, for me it was like my brain couldn't even handle sleeping anymore! it slowly went up to 5-6 hours of sleep each day. and mine last about 9 weeks!!! i always said that 'my brain was so injured that it couldn't handle the simple task of sleeping for 9 straight weeks'!

make sure they let the doctors know about the insomnia, especially if the medicine isn't helping. there are usually plenty of options. also think about trying a strong pain killer, as there might be just enough pain in the head to interfere with the sleeping. (i had that later on)

even if they can't sleep, the best thing to do is to rest. the brain has to work its way thru the injury, which can take time and energy. i know it sounds silly but just like any other injury, the brain just needs time - which is something that changes for each person.

feel free to message anytime and best wishes
quadbkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote