View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

A common treatment for concussion related insomnia is a small dose of Amitryptiline before bed. Shutting down stimulation a few hours before bedtime is important. No caffeine at all except a single serving first thing in the morning.

For many of us, we are overly sensitive to visual, auditory, and tactile stimuli when we are needing to fall alseep. Occupying those sensory systems with non-stimulating sensations can help.

I used to watch videos. The same one every night as I let my body settle down. I know a TBI survivor who has needed this for 20 years. He has a video screen in his bedroom. The movie he watches occupies his visual and auditory processing. His pajamas and sheets are comfortable so they provide a neutral tactile stimulus.

I have also done this with just music. I have a few CDs I've loaded as my Go to sleep playlist. I play them in the same order so my brain knows what to expect next. No random playing of music that leaves the brain waiting to see what is next.

There is more to this defeating PCS/TBI insomnia. I've posted it many time but am willing to post it again if you are interested.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote