Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 07:00 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I was experiencing many symptoms of MS about 5 years ago and wasn't sure what was going on with me. I have had spine surgery on my lumbar. Many of my symptoms mimic MS but could also be explained to my spine. I saw a neurologist and that was one of his first theories. Within a couple of months after ruling out many other possibilities, he ordered a spinal tap that would be the definitive answer. The test came back negative thankfully. However, after having a updated MRI, I found out I have Tarlov Cysts in both my sacral and thoracic spine.

Over the last few months my symptoms have become worse. Another MRI was ordered on my spine. Now, I have a bilateral cyst. One cyst measured 1.5cm and is compressing a couple of my nerve roots. Which is what originally brought me here to NeuroTalk. When I was first dx with the Tarlov Cysts, I didn't do much research on it. As I was told by a couple of my physicians nothing can be done without great risks involved. I left it alone. I have recently researched it more over the past few months to learn more because of a flare up of symptoms. I now understand why my neurologist first thought it was MS. Had it been MS it would have only taken a few months to be diagnosed.
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote