View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 08:02 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Chronic foot pain

Hi all...I have been dealing with crazy issues with my feet for a while since last year when things went downhill. I have been to my GP, NP, ortho surgeon, and endocrinologist. No one seems to know or care about whats going on with my feet. It started with swelling in both feet up and around my ankle, discoloration, it was hard getting around just doing daily stuff. I am experiencing numbness and tingling. The swelling has settled considerably but everything else is still there. I am also dealing with crazy toe pain they burn. Sometimes I get an electric shock feeling that will take your breath away.
The pain is always there of course worse at night and then the tightness in my feet kick in like I have on a compression sleeve very tight. Nothing is helping. Most doctors have said nothing is broken RICE your feet. I do that when I can but no improvement. Plus ice actually makes my feet hurt more. Its overuse pain they say. Not sure I buy that because of the burning in my toes.
My endocrinologist is the only one that said it sounded like Neuropathy and suggested I have a visit with my Neurologist. I see him tomorrow and I am going hopeful but not expecting much in the way of answers to why my feet have decided to be a real pain. What can I expect from the neurologist. I trust him he is a good listener and very good at what he does with good patient doctor manners. It never occurred to me to see him.. My ortho said he could appreciate some good swelling. It was so bad I thought I might have a blood clot somewhere.
I just want to know more about this Neuropathy. If that is what im dealing with and what kind. I know their is not a lot of treatment for it. That's my experience as of late with my foot pain.
I will update after my appointment.
Razorbackfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote