View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:17 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenhg View Post
Hi all from the uk.
I have been told by my doctor I have alcoholic PN . My feet started to become numb in Nov 2019 , I went to my doctors and she did blood tests . I wasn’t diabetic. I became from poorly in April 2020 , I had a need in my stomach through excessive drinking over many years.
I had to stop drinking for myself and the kids . I have not had a drink since then (April 20)

My doctor put me on b12 for a few months and said that my numbness may get better over time , but we are now in October and my feet are permanently numb, I am only 37 and I feel my life has been taken away. My feet feel stone cold all the time and I get pulsating feelings in my toes , the doctor has put me on amytriptaline for any nerve pain which I don’t really get as I’ve been told if there numb and loss of sensation then it’s at the last stage and there is nothing that can be done. But I’m trying the tablets just in case.

I am so fed up with the feeling I have in my feet every minute of every day. I can’t sleep properly, I cant walk far , it’s constantly there.
Is there any advice or any thing I can try , any exercises I can do ?? I will try anything .
Thanks in advance

Hey Lorenhg

I don't have time to write a detailed message right now but...

"if there numbness and loss of sensation then it’s at the last stage and there is nothing that can be done"

What your doctor has told you is a pile of crap. All nerves are capable of regeneration, in fact the pulsating sensation is likely a sign of healing. Numbness is not a sign of nerve death.
Continue with the B12 and any exercise you can do.

I have alcohol induced PN. If you reply to this post, I will outline a strategy that has worked for me.

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote