View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 10:09 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
With respect, I think you are simplifying what is a very complex condition.

I doubt that a single "magic bullet" treatment for a complex condition like PD will be useful.

Here I have been influenced by a talk at a scientific conference given by somebody from Cambridge with both medical qualifications and PhD who made this point.
Also with all due respect, I don't understand why you insist on

1) the "magic bullet" thing, when what I am saying is that multiple "bullets" are needed (vitamins, minerals and trace elements, phytochemicals, allopathic medicines such as leodopa and selegiline, etc.);

2) and in compliance when I recognize multiple targets (oxidation, inflammation, alpha-synuclein, liver overload, elevated homocysteine, epigenetic factors, environmental toxicants, psychological aspects). Parkinson's "diseases" may be a multifactorial and multi-carential syndrome…

It is true that I am not a neurologist (I imagine that is what you mean by medical qualifications, although I think there are already enough of them and very few divulgers), but I am capable of reading what the best ones like Birkmayer, Karobath, Perlmutter, Fahn, or Jenner write. They do have the training and clinical experience on the most demanding level imaginable.

The "point" is perhaps that in my experience I see that patients with 5-10 years of treatment suffer the same in 2020 as they did in 1994. So I really care very little about the official world of Parkinson's anymore. There are many neurologists who are taking steps to change things - but really.

I am staying with Dr. Cicero Coimbra, a practicing neurologist and professor of Neurology in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Or with neurologist Dr. David Permutter, with his writings on glutathione and his recommendations in 2013 on vitamin D3. I am sure they have the same medical qualifications at least as their Cambridge lecturer.

A profound revolution is taking place in the all-too-quiet official world of Parkinson's (Dorsey 2018), thanks to brave neurologists like these. Judge for yourself:

Fullard and Duda in 2020:
A Review of the Relationship Between Vitamin D and Parkinson Disease Symptoms

Lv et al. in 2020:
The relationships of vitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and vitamin D supplementation with Parkinson’s disease

In my humble opinion, I don't believe that they are thinking about "magic bullets" or simplifying the terrible reality of Parkinson's in 2020 - not for everyone, but for the millions of sick people and their families around the world.

By the way, we still don't give patients taking levodopa the vitamins B6, B9 and B12 to control the neurotoxic homocysteine, as neurologist Ahlskog recommends in his books. We have been waiting 20 years for someone to make that decision.... Even a politician could do it.
parkinsons here-now is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote