View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:12 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default 100 days post exposure

As of today I am 100 days since possible bat bite exposure, 83 days since beginning the shot series (didn't realize bats were getting into our house), and 69 days since completing the series. This has been a very distressing experience to say the least. Most of my on going issues are in my left side (which is also where I noticed the possible bite). My fingers and hand often tingle or go completely numb, my arm often tingles, my elbow hurts, my left leg has been tingling this morning with left knee pain. My back often hurts, sometimes my face feels numb and I'm getting more and more frequent migraine headaches, it's no longer the dull headache that I experienced in the beginning.
The thing that tends to bother me the most is that my bite site still itches and sometimes causes pain (forearm). I have reached out repeatedly to the local infectious disease Dr (the only one within 300 miles in my state) and they don't want to bother with me.
I keep telling myself that failure rate is basically 0, especially here in the states, but these symptoms just make me nervous. I do want to say I have had two good days during the past week, but it always seems to come back stronger and harder to ignore.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but know there is going to be a day this is all a distant memory.
battyinthemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote