Thread: A1c question
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 07:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default A1c question

So I recently had some labs drawn due to an on set of peripheral neuropathy. I got some results back my A1c is 5.7 and my glucose was 117. Nothing noted on it by the doctor, but reading the labs i am right on the line of being pre-diabetic. Now I do have some other labs I am still waiting on so he may have some information when those are sent to me. I hate getting results at the end of the week. I guess I will wait until Monday. I guess I am wondering if he will consider that being prediabetes. He is ordering a couple of nerve study test as well. I have had crazy neuropathy in my feet for over a year now so I'm really glad that he is willing to dig deeper into this unlike some of my other doctors such as my family doctor and my endocrinologist. I even asked my endocrinologist if this could related diabetes issue when I brought it to his attention. Oh no he didn't think I had diabetes. Anyway I won't rant on all that.
Now I'm wondering if my plantars fascitus may have triggered all this or was that really PF in the first place. I'm just glad I am moving forward with a doctor that listened to me.
Razorbackfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote