View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 03:33 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Question Undiagnosed burning & painful feet

Hello,

I had neuropathic feelings in my feet for 3 years now. I'm 24 years old (1m80, 76kg) and I am just looking for some advice if there are any doctors I could consult (or users here) that could help me any further.

Quick summary:
feet will feel hot whenevever I wear shoes and it feels very uncomfortable. I feel like keeping my feet dry makes them feel the best, but my socks usually get a bit wet in my feet.

2nd problem: When standing for even short periods of times my soles of my feet will also hurt abnormally fast for extended periods of time, depending on how long I'm standing for. The foot pain when standing was already present when I was 18 years old and gradually got worse over the years, the burning feeling came 3 years later. Also noticing some weakness or soreness in lower legs now more recently.

Up until now I have no diagnosis despite multiple doctor visits & tests or any idea what the hell is wrong with my feet.

Doctors I visited who were not able to diagnose me:
3 Physical therapists (hospital)
Neurology professor
Podiatrist (only cared to make me insoles)

Tests done:
MRI's (Feet, legs, back) nothing came up
multiple EMG's, nothing came up
Blood work, nothing came up

Medication taken:
Was prescribed Lyrica/Cymbalta but haven't taken those, I'm not looking to take pills long term.
NSAIDS & Tramadol but neither seem to help very much for the standing pain

My main thought was is that I have SFN but this neurogolist told me I don't have all the typical symptoms which I don't.

Other treatments attempted:
-Podiatry Insoles, multiple times (no effect)
-Dry needling (not sure why I tried that but seems kinda pointless)
-THC/CBD Oil, not very helpful either.
-Topical treaments: aspercreme, biofreeze, lidocaine patches (it feels nasty to put those gels on your feet with socks on I haven't used the aspercreme enough to tell if it's effective but the biofreeze didn't help me for sure with the pain. Lidocaine patches won't stay on the bottom of your feet so not sure either.
-Supplements: PEA (palmitoylethanolamide), several vitamins, magnesium etc... doesn't seem to do much but also never took them very religiously so can't confirm they don't work but I doubt they did much.

My main concern is the pain that comes up when I'm standing/walking. It's this (burning) pain in my soles that eventually gave me 'anxiety' to go to places which require me to stand for longer periods of time due to the pain. I will basically be in pain the days after if I stood 'long' enough.

How do I think I got this?
Very long periods of sitting (with poor posture) while pc gaming is my main guess. I sat home for 3 months basically gaming everyday during summer holiday. The burning issue came in the first weeks when I started college.

I do have 'mild'? (I think) Scoliosis, but not sure if that could be playing a role.

TL DR: My feet quickly hurt when standing & have a burning feeling also when just wearing shoes & sitting down. Can any doctor help me further? Or maybe you . Which medication or treatment can combat this pain very well? NSAID's/Tramadol isn't very effective. Perhaps Physical therapy is interesting?

Last edited by YoungNeuro; 10-12-2020 at 03:51 PM.
YoungNeuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote