Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 01:35 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
Diamond Tiger <3, I hope you can find a way to deal with the Tarlov cysts.

When you said

I was surprised. I've become acquainted with quite a few people with MS over the years--and unfortunately there are many instances where people wait around undiagnosed for years, not knowing why they're having symptoms that are often disabling. The diagnosis isn't always so easy.

Hello, I hope you are doing well. To be honest I was surprised too after reading on the condition. I guess in my scenario was different because I was under a physician's care after going through my spine surgery and the after effects from it being under pain management.

When the symptoms began that made my physicians theorize it could be MS, it was much different from the symptoms I had been experiencing for several years at this point. I'm 39 currently. At the time of the MVAs I was in, I was barely 22. That caused my back injurybthat took nearly 5 years to get dx and fixed.
It was dragged out after seeking out many different doctors in different specialties to dx my spine injury. After having several scans done, all of them came back clean. Because of this, the door got shut on me per se in the sense of being told I was crazy or a addict. It took a new physician who listened to me and understood that something major had to be wrong after explaining how active I was and the competitive sports I also played besides working on my feet all day too. It got to a point I could no longer do these things any longer. To make a long story shirt as best as I can, it took a specialized test to show I had a grade 4 tear in a disc on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the worst. After finally getting the dx and having surgery, many physicians realized how wrong they were and listened to me whenever I complained, in which, I rarely did after my surgery. So, when the new symptoms began, I learned to be in tune with my body over the years and the doctors also learned to trust and listen to me. That is how it would have been dx so quickly had it been MS. I hope this answers your question.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (10-13-2020)