View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 02:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Hey YoungNeuro,

I agree with Jomar's advice, but just thinking about self help, I would consider strength and flexibility as the way forward.

You mention scoliosis, but I suspect you mean kyphosis. The former is sideways curvature of the spine the latter forward. Kyphosis is associated with excess computer use.

Consider a foam roller, see a brief example below

Go for the softest option to start, In UK, the softest are light blue. There are a ton of exercises you can do to improve your posture. Stretch your calves and thighs too. See YouTube.

I would also consider a specific exercise: a barefoot plank. This will stretch and strengthen the muscles of the sole. Be careful though it could get worse before it gets better.

Also without sounding like I'm from Pulp Fiction, get a foot massage!
Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried much of PT, but it can't hurt and the possible effects of it are often underestimated I feel like from what I hear, it's just that none of the docotrs/PT's ever suggested any to me.

However it's really scoliosis what I have, I never heard of kyphosis before, seems to have to do with having a hunchback, don't think I have this.

As for foot massages, do these do anything on the long term? I did try dry needling for a few sessions (which is similar to acupuncture), but I don't think it will fix anything for me.
YoungNeuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote