View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 04:51 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default For anyone who has anxiety- read this!

I received my first concussion last March and recovered well, but started to develop bad anxiety for the first time in my life. Four months after that I got another concussion, making my anxiety condition worse. THEN four months later I lightly bumped my head and all my symptoms came back and triggered PCS.

I was doing better after 8 months and then had a minor event feel it concussed me again in July. I am realizing that a lot of time these "concussion" symptoms are actually anxiety.

After visiting an atlas orthogonal chiropractor, it was identified that my atlas was rotated. After just one adjustment, I have been able to hold it for a month now. (I have been going weekly for check-ins where he does the short leg and pelvis check)

I thought my atlas being in place would resolve my issues, but turns out muscle tension from anxiety are causing them. I clench badly at night, which leads to sore and tight neck muscles, a clogged feeling in my ears, tinnitus, headaches, ear pain, eye pain and fatigue. I figured this out because when I am relaxed and not having OCD and anxiety I can tolerate loud environments, read fine, drive fine and concentrate well.

If you have been dealing with symptoms for a long time I highly recommend going to an atlas chiropractor and consider your mental health. Stress hormones and anxiety can cause all of the symptoms of a concussion. I hope this helps someone!
Mouellette1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote