Thread: My White Garden
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My White Garden

As there is little I can do in my home until the walls and floors dry out I am turning my thoughts to my garden. I live in an old cottage with quite a large garden,and my choice of flowers are predominantly of the old fashioned type,..hollyhocks,canterbury bells,delphiniums,hydrangeas,paeonies and roses. All plants which don`t really have a neat habit,but which tumble and weave amongst each other.

However, I am preparing a flower bed in the orchard and would dearly love to make it a truly meaningful one...so...I wondered how I could make this work for our cause.In England,there is a trend towards opening private gardens to the public once in a while, charging a nominal entrance fee and allowing visitors to wander.The proceeds then go towards a worthy cause.
I don`t know if this will work for me but I want to give it a try so......
I have decided on a pure white flower bed and I am naming it my
PEACE FOR PARKINSON`S PATCH

What would make it really special would be flowers chosen by my friends and my PD aquaintances [and I regard you as friends] ...and so...if anyone would
like to suggest their favourite white flower,I would love to plant it and tag it with a bronze label with your name on...permission given of course.

I know it`s a long shot and not an overnight venture but I foresee several opportunities to raise money from this;
1. Garden open to the public...PD info could be available.
2. Photo`s of the flowers which I could then make into cards and gift tags.
3. Harvesting the seeds and taking cuttings to sell on to the public.
4. A place to flog [sell] my cd which is not far from completion

I really am quite excited by this and although it is not unique,it presents a real challenge and focus for me. So...if you would like to be included would you mind adding your name [can be your forum name] and your favourite WHITE flower.

Thank you.
Love
Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote