View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 09:27 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default The Parkinson's revolution fits on a single sheet of paper.

Wise and brave neurologists have dared -it is not easy to get out of the dominant discourse- to leave us in books and to recommend us in scientific studies these true treasures. Changes that should always be supervised by the neurologist of each patient. Not a step backwards but with the necessary prudence.

I am not a neurologist but I am a historian, a digital journalist and I can search the libraries and databases to find and read the compassionate and sufficiently heterodox and brilliant neurologists: Karobath, Birkmayer, Fahn, Jenner, Mattson... Some of the most respected names in the last 50 years of orthodox Neurology about Parkinson's.

Every day, but always consulting the neurologist first:

- Vitamin D3 above 1200 IU per day as Suzuki in 2013
that totally stopped Parkinson's during the year of
the study -UPDRS scale-, although already in 2018 Hiller
dared to use 10,000;

- the three B vitamins against homocysteine recommended by neurologist Dr. Ahlskog and some more (1000-2000 mcg B12, 2.5 mg B9 and
25 mg of B6). Serum homocysteine level above 20 µmol/L
was accompanied by an 8.64 times increased risk of developing
Parkinson's disease (Saadat 2018);

- vitamin B2 above or near 90 mg per day of the experiment
of Coimbra in 2003. At 6 months, there was a 44-71% motor improvement (three participants out of 19 who completed the study recovered 100% -modification of the scoring system of Hoehn and Yahr-. Schoenen used 200-400 mg at day for migraines with children and adults without the slightest problem (Schoenen 1994, 1998);

- vitamin C above 3 grams per day as used by Fahn in 1992, produced a delay in the need for medication of 2.5 years. No studies were done with higher doses or with the much more potent liposomal or parenteral forms. Numerous studies show that it enhances the benefits of levodopa and reduces its adverse effects (Nagayama 2004, Zhao 2019).

"Some things from the past are gone
but others open a gap to the future
and they are the ones I want to rescue."

Mario Benedetti
parkinsons here-now is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (11-03-2020)