View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 10:53 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default 8 weeks post op - New pain and mild swelling

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking through this forum for some weeks now and decided to make an account and ask a question pertaining to my specific situation.

I'm a 21 y/o female, healthy as a horse. So over 8 weeks ago, I got #32 extracted (bottom right wisdom tooth).

The first few weeks, I had nothing but issues. I got an infection, went to the ER 3 times. Frequented my dentist's office so much. Crazy amounts of pain. Finally started to feel better. There's so much to the story, but I want to keep it brief if I can.

Here I am in week 8, feeling 95% back to myself. A couple days ago, I woke up at 5:30am to an achey, sore feeling in my right jaw. The pain was a 4-5/10. I have not felt pain in a long time. I have these little weird feelings pretty often, but no pain, so this is new. That same morning, I began to have symptoms of a cold. Sneezing, congestion, stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, and all the while this sore pressure in my jaw. I got up and looked in the mirror and saw the slightest bit of swelling in my right jaw.

2 days later, here I am. My cold symptoms are better. I am getting a COVID-19 test tomorrow, hopefully. Anyway, my jaw feels so sore and I discovered on the inner part of my gums on my right side (the side facing my tongue) that there was some discoloration there. The gums beneath my back 2 molars have darkened to a purple/blackish color and is very very sore.

I'm so frustrated. Please help. What is this discoloration? Why am I still dealing with pain and discomfort over 2 months after the extraction. I'll be happy to provide more information if it will help!!!!!!

I tried to keep this brief but detailed. I could go way into more detail if need be.
capricornlibragorl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote