View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome, GailJDud69,

I'm not experienced enough in the type of problems you've described (I hang out mainly on the MS forum here) but your son's situation sounds very troubling and severe. You seem to be doing your best to navigate your way through a very complex system.

I do know something about complex systems and how much patience is often required to deal with them, after 40 years with MS. You do have to keep making calls, keeping appointments, filling out forms that seem unnecessary, and on and on, but if you keep at it diligently, you can often find your way to someone helpful who knows what to do next.

I hope you can stay in contact with the public defender. And if you run into a roadblock with an employee in a hospital or in the social services system, dealing with someone who doesn't seem inclined to do anything but brush you off, by all means ask to know how to reach that person's supervisor. It won't endear you to that particular employee but you can often get better results that way.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote