View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 02:01 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Update:

I recently went for a follow-up with one of my physicians. Ultimately, he had to increase one of my medications-Butran patch to help with the increased pain. I guess it was to be expected since he started me on the lowest dose to use along with Percocet. It seems to be helping. I was also given another new medication to help with the nerve pain also. I think it is helping.

Now, my husband is able to get up and move around on his own using a cane after having half of his spine fused when he fell and fractured his back. I know taking care of him for 4 months and having to push him around in a wheelchair or help lift him up as I had to do right after he fell on the floor. I don't know how I was able to lift him up off the floor giving the difference in size and weight gap. He is 6'5 and weighs 280. I stand only 5'3 and weigh 107 pounds. I get that is the main factor that caused the increase pain and also caused the cysts to grow in my back.
I'm hoping after a little bit more time goes by, I will be able to move around mych better as I had been doing before my husband fell. I'm hoping I will be able to take myself off the patch in the next few months too.

As far as family goes, I'm still dealing with the same crap. After having a long conversation with one of them, they insisted I'm addicted and just like them when they had to take pain medicine after having a knee replacement surgery. As I told her you can't compare the two, nor can you compare our bodies to each other because they are different.
She wanted to go ahead and make the assumption that because she became addicted to pain medications rhat I absolutely have to be too.
Guess what, I'm not! She went on to say that after she had stopped taking the pain medications she went through all of the withdrawal symptoms from it.
My husband automatically stood up and defended me and told her I have never had any of the withdrawal symptoms after coming off stronger medications or the dosage being lowered. Of course she was shocked. I'm sure, my husband was surprised by it too. Guess what, I did it a few times without any problems. There again to call me a addict or to suggest I am you would be wrong. Everyone's body is different just like mine is. I tend to fall into the rare category in many areas. Even if I didn't, nobody should ever be shamed for taking something that is prescribed by a physician that helps and makes your life better and able to enjoy more.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (11-21-2020)