Old 11-21-2020, 08:41 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Hey MariaMaria,

Good morning.

After consulting my paperwork I had "Nerve Conduction Studies 24 June 2020." at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. It was, I remember, a beautiful day. The doctor was extraordinarily grumpy. The tests themselves seemed hilariously antiquated. He used some coloured wires that reminded me of childhood Scalextric and an old Tailor's tape measure that he used to measure the distance between my ankle and knee etc. I actually enjoyed the tests. There was no discomfort at all. Zero. I had to really stop myself laughing at times at the bedside manner of this doctor.

"I was wondering how you found the nerve conduction study... did you find it made your symptoms flare up or not?

I’m really scared to have the test because I’ve read that other people found they were worse after"

After the tests I drove to the golf course and thrashed everyone. I recorded my best round of the year.

There is nothing to worry about regarding the tests. You have to prepare yourself for the staff being covered in PPE and hygiene measures etc. But that is all.

The tests themselves are harmless. They cannot make your symptoms worse. There is no physical means by which they can.

Let us know how you get on.

Atty
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
That does sound really old fashioned! I’m glad that the grumpy doctor didn’t put you off and you managed to enjoy the test.

It’s good to hear that you were completely fine afterwards and that does make me feel better so thank you.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (11-22-2020)