View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 10:26 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_S View Post
So no one else has had increased neuropathy after supplementing with Vitamin D or iron?

Maybe it's something else. It's gotten even worse now, quite bad. It's a slightly different kind of neuropathy pain than I've had the last 15 years.
Hey Eric,

Sorry to hear of your continuing health issues. You've had it rough. As a fellow PN sufferer, these are my thoughts.

I think you may be coming at this from the wrong angle and that its not Iron Supplements and vitamin D causing your Health issues, its the anaemia itself. Sometimes the onset of neuropathy symptoms can be delayed. Perhaps the delayed onset and your ingestion of supplements coincided and you may have drawn the wrong conclusions? Nerve supply and blood supply are not independent of each other. Anaemia results in reduced transport of oxygen via haemoglobin in blood vessels to the peripheral nerves. This may and I stress may be the cause of your new symptoms. See the study below for this possible mechanism.

https://www.bibliomed.org/mnsfulltex...pdf?1606057781

Below is a good summary of how to boost iron levels.

Boosting iron absorption: A guide to for the science-minded

Most iron absorption occurs in the upper part of the intestine, the duodenum. Perhaps you need to pay attention to your diet and your microbiome.

Low Vitamin D levels are associated with poor health.

Best wishes
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote