View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 03:31 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Thanks a lot,

I must have missed your Dr in my search and I thought I had searched well.
My appt is tomorrow, hopefully it goes well and allays my fears a little.

I know what you mean about your girlfriend being fed up with hearing all things nerve related, my partner must feel exactly the same,
Its been non stop the last 5 months for him listening to me! and living with my distress so it would be helpful to speak with someone who’s experienced it too.
I got your visitor message too thanks, it would be good to do that.

I completely get what you’re saying regarding positivity and distractions, I’ve noticed this myself at times. It’s great that you had a relatively undisturbed holiday, gives me some hope that I can achieve the same when the time comes.
It certainly doesn’t help at all when you let it consume you as I have and still do at times when it is bad. Hopefully with time I too will become more habituated to it and be able to block it out to a certain extent.
I’m sure it will help when life in general can also return to normal for all of us.

I just hope I haven’t got the damage that I worry I have got and that this is functional like I’ve been told so far.

Im feeling better about the tests too hearing this, a couple of other people have also mentioned that they found them completely fine both during and after which is reassuring.

Good that your symptoms are down the lower end.
I rate my symptoms the same way as you do and have been having an improved week overall after having a pretty terrible one before that, to the point where I was considering going back on the gabapentin.
I just leave it by my bed as a reminder I have a last resort to turn to if I ever feel bad enough and feel the need to try it again.
I didn’t notice much difference either when I took it previously but I wasn’t on it for very long.

I’m around 2 or 3 on my scale at the moment.

We can only hope it continues!
Hey

Yeah just stick in there. I’m having an off day today but the previous four were really minor so small mercies and all that. Feel free to email me if you went to talk further, and let us know how your appointment tomorrow goes. I’m intrigued about his thoughts as we seem to have a very similar ailment!
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote