View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 05:03 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
Good question! I haven't spoken with my neuro yet about the vaccine, partly because I've been waiting for more specific details about what vaccine it will be and when it will become available. It might be quite a while before that happens, particularly since it will probably be available only in limited quantities at first and given to the front-line health workers and others who are especially vulnerable.

But I did find this on the National MS Society Website--see the brief section called "COVID-19 Vaccine for People Living with MS":

Suspected Covid-19 & Multiple Sclerosis | National MS Society | National Multiple Sclerosis Society

It looks as if it will be important for us to have the vaccine but those who are on DMDs might need to be careful about the timing of the doses.

I hope there will be more information coming along soon, and I'll be on the lookout for it.
Thank you agate! You're always at the front!

Yes first people getting the vaccine will be health staff and older>60, but then the next would be us...people with chronic diseases.

I will ask my neuro on my next appointment on 2-December to see what he says and if he has any idea on this topic.
jesxes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote