View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Can Keppra cause Neuropathy

I am wondering if taking Keppra can cause neuropathy in my feet? I have had epilepsy since I was 16. I had a motorcycle wreck and have been taking different meds for years. I have complex partial seizures. It is like I am daydreaming when I have one. I am out for 30 seconds or so, just staring. Anyway, Nothing seemed to "cure" the seizures. Fast forward to 2010. I started to take Keppra with Topamax and that stopped the seizures! But... a year later I started to notice a slight difference in my walk. I was helping my son on his addition on the roof and I couldn't walk the ridge like I normally could unless I grabbed something for balance. It got worse. My feet were "dropping" at the toes and I literally had to pick my feet up or they would drag my toes. This happened over the course of 5 years I would say. I went to the doc and they ran tests at Washington University in ST. Louis, MO but could not find anything. I finally had to get braces for my feet which help but my balance is shot. I still work but it is frustrating. My nero says it is not the Keppra. I was taking Topamax before. I am 62 now and have never weighed over 155 lbs. I don't have the pins and needles that some folks have with neuopathy. I am taking B12 for that. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks,
Gene
Geneo76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote