Thread: Tarlov cyst
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 10:26 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hello Diamond Tiger,
Thank you so much for your helpful response. I am pretty new at all the Tarlov Cyst information. I was having low back to sachral area pain August. Had X-rays in sept and told it was my sacroiliac joint. Went to physical therapy 2 months and was not getting better so went to orthopedic surgeon at another facility and had MRI 10/22. Prior to this my back pain was slight just when I would get up or sitting for long. On 11/2 I had the MRI follow up and was scheduled for sacroiliac epidural on 11/20. Doctor did not mention the 2cm Tarlov cyst at s2. When I questioned it she said it was an incidental finding. I ended PT on 11/6. Just about this time I started having burning sensations in my butt area. So made appt with original physical medicine doctor who did X-rays. I told her I was having burning in butt down to
My thighs. She said I had piriformis syndrome and that Tarlov cyst is no symptomatic. Went back to orthopedic with new symptoms and she again said
That it is not symptomatic and if o don't
Believe her to go to neurosurgeon. Meanwhile on 11/20 I againhad these weak feelings and could not get comfortable and went neurologist that day. Told him about Tarlov and he just scoffed it off and said I had restless leg. So went to neurosurgeon on 11/23 and she did say symptoms were 70/30 Tarlov l2 to l3 discs and to see neurosurgeon at main campus for 2nd opinion and referred me to pain management appt not till 12/30 and neurosurgeon on 1/15. In the meantime I have not had the burning since Monday but this weakness sensation does not go away-about every other day. I feel like I am going to die . Do not know what to do. So sorry about my rambling and detailed post. I appreciate all your help and am praying for you also.
If you have any names of neurosurgeon who treat this please let me know.

Thank you for the help
Anndav
anndav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote