View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 11:34 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneo76 View Post
I have complex partial seizures. They have been completely controlled for almost 11 years now. I didn't drive for 20 years because of the seizures. I had stage 3 colon cancer more than 5 years ago and the doc was saying that was the cause of the neuropathy. But, the only problem with that is that I had tests for the neuropathy the year before my cancer! I found paperwork confirming this while digging through my desk drawer the other day. So, that is why I am inclined to think it is the Topamax. After reading what others have posted about it's side affects about balance it adds up to me.
Thanks,
Gene

Gene,

I hope and pray the neuropathy gets better. If it is being caused by the medication I hope your physician is able to prescribe something different that will not cause the same problems you are experiencing.

I haven't thought much about seizures in close to 30 years now since having surgery to correct it when I was a child. I began having seizures as a result of having spinal meningitis at 8 months old where I almost died. It caused brain damage that led to the seizures, in which the surgery had cut out the damaged part and as I had stated earlier it cured my seizures. I had Petite Mal seizures.

I wish you the best!

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote