View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 12:56 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambouka74 View Post
I was recently told that my only choice for pain relief at this point would be to get a spinal cord stimulator. I have heard many horror stories. And then, reading these posts about having to have psych evals, how am I going to pass those when I am bipolar with borderline personality disorder? My insurance company will never approve me. I just refuse to think that's my only and final option for pain relief. These doctors just refuse to increase my pain meds in the slightest. I am at wits end and have no idea what to do next. I am so depressed. They just want me to keep trying different kinds of shots. I've done nerve ablations, epidurals, nerve bundle branch blocks, everything they've suggested. Now they say the stimulator is my only choice. I don't want my spinal nerves messed with any more and I don't want any more shots. But they threatened to discharge me as a patient if I didn't get shots anymore and my primary doctor sent me to them because she didn't want to write my pain meds. Help! I don't know what to do!

Sambuka,

I'm so sorry to hear about the amount of pain you are in and the physicians not willing to help you with increasing your medications to help.
Unfortunately, so many have abused these medications and illegal drugs that has led to the opiod crisis. I had problems getting my medications at first when I had to change physicians because my other doctor was closing his private practice.
You didn't meantion what your back problems are, nor what kind of medication you are being prescribed. I know from my personal experience, many physicians are cutting back on the kind of medications that are being prescribed now then before the opiod epidemic.

I ran into a problem with my medication being changed to a different medication that wasn't as strong than the one I had been on before. My body is a little different when it comes to pain medication. I was on 4mg Dilaudid to help with back pain. The problem came about when I had to have oral surgery done. As crazy as it sounds, the Dilaudid never helped with anything in regards to oral-dental work except for Percocet. I explained this to my new physician and he thought I was crazy and it didn't make any sense. That is the difference in my body and I only needed the Percocet for a shirt period of time without Dilaudid. Once I was finished with the oral surgery he could take me off the Percocet and put me back on Dilaudid. Lucky for me the Percocet helped with both my back and oral, so it wasn't luke I was asking to be put on both at the same time. It was a pain just to get that changed for oral surgery. Once I was done with the oral surgery, I returned back to my physician to get my medication changed back to Dilaudid and he refused to do it then.

I'm wondering if you have looked into a portable T.E.N.S unit? You don't need a prescription for it. You will not need a psych evaluation to obtain one either. I have one abd it helps a lot. Another thing I also use are the Salonpas patches for nerve pain.

Best wishes,

Diamond Tiger<3
Diamond Tiger<3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote