View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Most sinus perforations will heal on their own and it can take 3 months or so to completely heal.
The sinus perforations that tend not to heal on their own are:
*if they are very large
*if there is a piece of broken root still in that area
*if there is an infection
*if the patient smokes
*if the patient drinks through a straw before the extraction site healed
*if there was a dry socket after the extraction.

It may behoove you to see a different oral surgeon for a another opinion before you have the second surgery. You would need to bring your pre and post op xrays... or have them emailed from the first surgeons office over to the second office prior to your appointment.

Let us know how you're doing...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadihaQ View Post
Hello guys.
I'm new to this forum because I'm actively seeking advice on the following matter: My upper wisdom teeth were extracted two weeks ago. They were doing fine but had to be extracted because of their position (horizontal and deep). Anyways, the surgery was painful and long. On my right side, the surgeon ended up performing the sinus perforation and told me that it has been repaired during the surgery.
After two days, I started getting really bad sinus headaches on the right side, bad odor, and a horrible taste in my mouth. I went back to the surgeon and yup I had a bad infection on the sinus spot. He put me on amoxollin and it started getting better but disclosed after a few days that my sinus perforation has apparently not been repaired (or it was but it somehow didn't work idk). He's now suggesting me another surgery and I'm frightened. He's telling me to go with full anesthesia which freaks me out....At the same time I'm scared that this infection will come back again after surgery (though he's given me another 10 days of antibiotics so that we are sure there's no infection while performing another surgery).

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote