View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default New, confused, ****** off at myself and just need support or help

Hey... Lurking for 3 days even though I'm not supposed to be on electronics.

Sunday morning I was on a girls trip. Had a lot to drink. We were being careless and I fell. HARD. Backwards hit my head on the concrete. I don't remember any of it. The emt that was in the bar said I never lost consciousness but I told him it was 2002 and that Prince was alive. And more that didn't make sense. So off to the ER. I was intoxicated and don't remember but the paperwork I have says first scan shows possible tiny subarchnoid hemorrhage. So they called in neurosurgeon who repeated ct scan. then said he felt it was not that, that it was likely a normal part of my brain and the area was getting smaller. They said I had concussion and let me leave in uber while treating me like a looser because I was still drunk. Super ashamed still.

I only had a small bump on back of my head at that time. That day I left Nashville back home to Florida only to have the worst headache and that bump turn into a big egg on my head. I dont know how I drove home from the airport. I was dazed, confused, out of it. Thinking maybe I was just hung over from previous night. Monday morning all symptoms were worse. My face felt numb, my whole head burning, vertigo, nausea, i couldn't speak correctly. Went to local ER. The guy was great. He did a repeat CT scan of head and spine. He thought for sure something going on because he said my left side of my face looked swollen.

Well that CT came back negative. Just says small scalp hematoma. But no bleeds, fractures, etc. The cervical one said CTi had C5 and C6 bugled but I really think that's from a previous car accident years ago. So he sent me home with concussion. Gave me presdnisone for my neck which I hate. And said only Tylenol and follow up with family doctor in a week.

He never really talked to me about concussion symptoms. I wish someone would have prepared me. They have only gotten worse. Nausea is gone. No worst headache of my life but constant pressure like its in a vice. My speech is okay I just cant get it out fast enough. But I have brain fog... I am walking like im on an esalator i cant function right. I took myself out of work because I couldn't answer people fast enough. And my forehead hurts alot. The big egg is going down and doesnt even really bother me. And I've been crying all day. I am NOT a crier. I feel so disorientated.

Is this all normal concussion stuff?????? Im guessing this will be around for a while? Is there a point when I do need to be worried or see a doctor?

I am so upset with myself for drinking that much to the point where I fell. We had a big family weekend taking my little ones to an NFL game this sunday. May not happen as the 1 thing the ER doc did say was not to rattle my head.

I mean do i go back to work when I am 100 percent... do i go back next week with fogginess. How do you all navigate this. I have no hope right now. And am taking xanax to calm my nerves so i can function with the kids. Im so down. If I could take this weekend back I would in a heart beat I would stop drinking. I would just be a mom and wife and give up everything else.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
IreneClarissa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-10-2020)