View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 11:45 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Newbie

Greetings and Salutations,

I found your website through the Lyrica Survivors Facebook page. I'm someone was was diagnosed 14 months with non-diabetic peripheral neuropathy. My neurologist performed an EMG test (oh was that a lot of fun) to confirm the PN. I have extreme numbness in both feet. I was prescribed pregabalin at 300 mg per day for the PN. I noticed immediately that I was craving carbohydrates and started gaining weight. I've gained over 80 pounds and started tapering off of the pregabalin. I'm now down to 100 mg a day and have bad anxiety/panic attacks to where I needed to be put on an SSRI (zoloft) and xanax for the panic attacks. My doctor says I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression. I've also was diagnosed with facet joint arthritis in my lumbar and have lost a lot of mobility from the pain. I also recently developed an unprovoked blood clot in my right calf muscle and was put on blood thinners. I was tested recently for genetic factors and I have a genetic mutation that puts me at a higher risk for blood clots (called Factor 5 Leiden). My hematologist tells me I;ll be on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Feeling very overwhelmed by all of these health issues.
Hudson61D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote