View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, it is free here. Testing only done in designated areas though. e.g they have one test area set up in a Resp Clinic but the main testing area is drive through. That's just my small area. Not a huge population here but a lot of travellers unfortunately lol.

I just wasn't sure what was going on with cost in the US. In the beginning in my area the only place that was doing tests was an area at the Base Hospital where I go. That was only for people who had any type of symptom, like sniffles, cough, loss of smell etc.. Then it all changed and they were testing as many people as possible, even setting up testing stations at some of the beaches up north. We've been so fortunate compared with elsewhere. Qld stats so good. No positive cases in hosp or in home isolation in my area now at all.

Having said that, I just saw the news about the Sydney cluster today. Appears to be a different strain brought in by someone from the US on a plane... well that's what the news says, it may not be correct. Keep safe there. Pleased your neighbour is alright. Borders will probably close again if the numbers grow. I don't mind. I just worry about all my friends in places where it's rampant and they're feeling quite helpless. I worry about the sick and the homeless. I loathe seeing people referred to as numbers or statistics.

Last edited by Lara; 12-17-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote