View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:29 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Hope...

Continue...
CBT is very helpful. Also you can look into concussion
Cognitive therapy. Therapy can be so helpful in recovery and coping. New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center site describes this type of treatment philosophy.

I explored just about everything I could. I found treatments that helped coping and managing but I kept looking for answers for healing and ultimately found that the answers were not out "there" but actually "within". Searching inside. Finding that beautiful place of love within that makes you, you. Remembering who you are. Gradually shining your love throughout and filling the pain w love. Turning the darkness into light.
It took me some time to get it but meditation brings the awareness and internal energetic balance that will help in this healing process.

The book "Hands of light" by a NASA physicist Barbara Brennan is a tremendous guide for healing. A definite game changer for me.

I began viewing the terrible PCS symptoms as a natural part of the healing process. I feel that it's similar to the pain after a surgery or the recovery of a broken bone except w a TBI the sophisticated systems of the body are recalibrating and producing pain, mental fatigue and mental processing challenges. All the senses are going through a type of rebooting process. It can seem overwhelming and hard to understand because it's unlike any other condition. But take comfort in knowing the body is healing and this delicate process requires patience, energetic balance and love.
Acrobat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote