View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 01:12 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Atty,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. Much appreciated after hearing that spine doctor say that my neuropathy will keep getting worse. Maybe he thought I was still drinking. He didn't seem to be listening well. The neurologist was more hopeful, at least as of mid October when I last saw him. He thought the symptoms would eventually start to improve, but it would take several months of proper diet, supplements, exercise, and zero alcohol.

Thanks for the advice for a wellness plan. I have been changing my diet and trying finding foods that I'll stick with that will hopefully help reduce these awful symptoms. Used to love coffee on cold mornings, but dropped it recently because it's probably flushing out valuable nutrients. Used to love eating pizza (& beer) on Friday nights, hot dogs & beans (& beer) on Saturday nights, but dropped all them all with the exception of a small piece of veggie pizza Friday nights. I try to add salads to lunch and dinner, using raw spinach leaves, carrots, broccoli, nuts. Bread, particularly white bread is mostly gone from my diet. Still eat small portions of lean meat, particularly chicken. Eating more tree nuts. Cutting back on cheese. Substituted almond milk for regular milk. Trying to eat more kale and collards. It's a process I suppose. As a vegan, what do you eat for protein?

For exercise, I've been doing about an hour of full body workouts daily (aerobics, strength training, balance, stretching), following a program called "Faithful Workouts" on youtube. I also do targeted exercises to target weakness in my hands and feet. I take the creatine you recommended, 5 grams mixed with orange juice and beet juice about an hour before exercising and drink whey protein after exercising.

Thanks the list of supplements. Some of these I was missing or not taking enough of, such as magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, co-q-10, omega 3. I have not tried Turmeric yet and will add it to the shopping list.

I am very thankful for the support network here.
oldbat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote