View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 03:57 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Steve,

I have GERD and have taken both OTC and prescription meds for it in the past. I also have had several years of lingering PCS symptoms (that turned out to be migraine-related). It's always possible for the side effects of meds to "stack" with symptoms that you are already experiencing with PCS.

If you already have a headache, and take a med that causes headache, you might have a bad time, for example. Don't let this give you anxiety over every med you take. If you have a bad time on something, talk to your doctor, and try to find something else. You are not going to cause brain damage.

I didn't have an issue with Prilosec, but if it bothers you, I'd try Ranitidine or Famotidine. They are a different drug class that is slightly more benign. Might have to do Famotidine because I think there was a Zantac (Ranitidine) recall recently. You can't get them over the counter. I found them to be slightly less effective, so you might have to adjust your dosing accordingly, but for mild to moderate acid reflux, they should work. I've taken all of them with no issues.

What specific PCS symptoms are you experiencing? I know the anxiety is bad. Do you have headache? Dizziness? Light or sound sensitivity? Neck issues?
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote